Ask a Question
How do I test my registration site to see how it will look to students?
| Reference Number: AA-00412 Views: 5243 Created: 2012-01-11 13:40 Last Updated: 2012-01-11 13:45
0 Rating/ Voters
It is very important that schools test their registration site before registration begins to verify that it is configured properly. There is a special link (url) that allows you to register as a "test-mode" student that can be easily removed at the click of a button. The link to register in test mode is found under AP Exam Service => Registration Site Addresses. Using the Address to Test Registration will allow you to access the registration site even though the registration is not open. It also flags this registration so that all the "sample" data can be removed at the click of a button. Other than this, the registration site is the same as it will appear to students.
You should test with a real email address(doesn't matter which one as long as you have access to it) when testing, so that the system will send you all of the emails that students will receive, allowing you to completely verify the process. If your school accepts online payments, it will be live, so you should not pay with a credit card and choosing one of the other payment methods. If you wish to do test registrations multiple times, you will need to use different emails or remove your test registration (AP Exam Service => AP Report Center => Record Management => Remove Registrations Made in Test=Mode). If you begin a registration but do not complete it (where your email is "used") you can remove it using the Test Mode Removal tool, in order to use this email address.
Here's a list of things you should be looking at:
- Do your directions make sense?
- Are all the questions you desire listed, appear correctly and in the correct order? Are the appropriate questions required?
- Are all your exams listed?
- Do all of the exams have at least one teacher?
- Do your fees calculate correctly? Check this as "registering" as both a student with and without Free/Reduced Lunch
- Does the Confirmation page include the directions on how students should be paying?
- Does the registration site complement your school's website? If not, let Total Registration know and we will re-style it.